While every website differs in nature, there are certain common elements that every website needs to have. One of these is the ‘Contact Us’ page, which is necessary for every genuine business. Not only does this page provide convenience for your customers but it also reflects on your authenticity. The perfect ‘Contact Us’ page can ensure that your customers have the ability to access you in case of a problem. This tends to build trust among customers. Here are some things that must be kept in mind when designing this important part of your website.
This is one of those parts of your website that need to be kept simple. You must not go overboard with designing this page, since its sole purpose is to provide information. Therefore, the focus of this page should be on the content and not the design. The design should be kept as simple and convenient as possible. A very important part leading to this page is the ‘Contact Us’ button. You must make sure that it is prominent on your homepage, so that your visitors do not have to look for it. As for the page itself, the design should be convenient. No extra images or content should be included. The design should divide the page in different parts, making it easy for users to locate information.
This is what almost entirely makes up the ‘Contact Us’ page. The content needs to be precise, yet it should contain all the necessary information. Here are some things that must be included in the content of this page:
- Introduction – You must include a well-written and precise introduction at the top of the page. Make sure that this introduction is not filled with information about your company that might already be present on the ‘About Us’ page. Instead, simply welcome the users to the page and tell them what will happen after they contact you. You must provide general information, for example, informing how long it will take you to respond.
- Link to the FAQs – Some users may be trying to contact you regarding queries that have already been answered on the website. Before you provide your contact information, provide a link to your FAQs page and suggest the user to search their questions there. This will be convenient for the user. It will also make sure that you do not have to deal with unnecessary requests and delay the ones that really need attention.
- Provide a chat function – It can be a great option to include a live chat option on your page. This will allow users to get their queries solved without having to wait for the response.
- Contact form – It is a great option to include a contact form. This will make sure that the query is precise and direct.
- Include professional information – Do not include a mobile phone number or an informal e-mail address. This can make you look unprofessional. Instead, go for a telephone answering service.