Search engine optimization, as well as some other Internet-related topics, is covered with a veil of mystery, and this undeserved and uncalled-for veil has been around these topics for a long time. Why is this so? Well, not many people seem to know, but the best bet would be that people are generally too lazy and too busy to investigate any matter further than they absolutely must, and SEO is not something you know everything about. However, if you are trying to make any money on the Internet, be it by blogging, having your own website, or opening an online shop, SEO is something you will live, breathe, and think about for as long as you are trying to generate an online income. This is why we will here try to debunk some of the most common myths related to search engine optimization.
SEO Is Too Expensive
If you were to ask ten random people about the price tag related to SEO services, eight or nine of them would tell you that SEO is something that is very expensive and in most cases not worth the initial investment. While this is definitely true for some shady SEO practices, good and honest SEO techniques will get you places for sure, as well as pay off as soon as the first results start rolling in. Therefore, SEO is not too expensive, it is merely a wise investment in your future online efforts.
You Should Always Hire an SEO Guru if You Want Results
No! SEO gurus are, by and large, people who talk the talk but do not walk the walk – naturally, with some honorable exceptions. If you want real, tangible results, the first thing to keep in mind is reality. Realistically, your best chances lie with experienced and well-established SEO firms that have a proven track record and that will present you with an SEO strategy prior to promising the world and asking the same in return, in terms of money.
I Will Get Away With Anything
No, you won’t – don’t think you are smarter. Yes, there are some things that Google and other search engines need to work on in terms of figuring out shady actions, but as a rule, they will catch you sooner or later. For example, Google is famous for their search algorithm updates, and with every update they get better at weeding out low-quality and mediocrity.
Content Spinning is an Effective SEO Strategy
Maybe it is on some other planet. Here on planet Earth, content spinning is something that will get your website flagged as spam in most situations, and your visitors will notice that you are not featuring fresh and original content. So, invest in hiring content writers who will provide you with high-quality, original content, and never invest your money in spinning software, as this can never be seen as an SEO strategy.
In conclusion, all good SEO takes is hiring a good SEO firm, or taking the time to master SEO on your own. Whichever you choose, remember to stay true to your visitors or readers, and always keep their best interest in mind.
Richa is a content writer who enjoys writing on a variety of topics including online marketing, technoplogy, fashion etc. This article has been written by her for one of the SEO services company based in Sydney.
- Myths & Misconceptions about SEO and Search Engines – The … – Over the past several years, a number of misconceptions have emerged about how the search engines operate. For the beginner SEO, this causes confusion about what’s required to perform effectively. In this section, we’ll explain the real …
- The Common Misconceptions about SEO – The Common Misconceptions about SEO. by Guest Blogger | posted: 10/23/2012 | 8 comments. While Search Engine Optimization is riding the success wave almost everywhere on the internet, there are more than enough misconceptions …
- Why do freelance writers hate SEO copywriting? – I was amazed truly amazed to read such angry posts in a LinkedIn group. I knew SEO copy had a bad reputation in some circles. But I had no idea that some freelancers HATED the concept of SEO copy.
- Virginia SEO and Internet Marketing Meetup for Small Business … – We can make your web site easier to find, and easier to use. In its very earliest of days, SEO by the Sea began as an idea to have a gathering of people interested in internet marketing and search engine optimization away from the big cities, the expensive hotels, costly conferences, and crowded conference centers. The idea of returning to those roots is something I’ve been considering for a while.
- 3 SEO Myths That Can Damage Your Site’s Search Rankings | … – But in their defense, there are good reasons. First, the ranking algorithms at Google, Yahoo, and Bing keep changing, making it hard to know what works. Tactics that produce good results one week can seem to have the opposite effect the following week.
- Look Beyond Why Sites Get Penalised or Banned – Overstock SEO … – No one will know for sure, but the point is that many companies will go by what they hear/read and that there are still many misconceptions about SEO as a whole. Here at Reform we make sure we try to not just throw some …
- SEO Myths, Mistakes & The Madness Of Crowds – Thanks for clearing up some of my misconceptions about SEO. Glad to hear that you value proper structure and linking, as do I. Sometimes it’s hard to know what Google values. I mean what’s up with ranking a site’s privacy …
- 5 Common Misconceptions About SEO Copywriting | Search Engine … – All You Need Do is Pay Someone $5 to Churn Out Keyword Stuffed Articles. The panda update should have given you a heads up that content now has to be all about the quality (just ask ezine articles or any of the other article farms who took a massive spanking). Dont think that you are saving yourself money by hiring the cheapest writers either chances are that English wont be their first language and your site will end up bulked out with keyword rich content that no one wants to read and search engines don’t particularly care about.
- 5 Dangerous Misconceptions About SEO | Return On Now – Five shortsighted stigmas about SEO that should be put to bed immediately, by John Nettles, copywriter for Return On Now.
- Top 5 Common Misconceptions About SEO | Rafael Deramas – SEO isn’t a technical industry at all. Everyone can learn how to be in the trade as long as they get the right information from the right people. Being the generous guy that I am, I would like to share some common SEO …