Logo works like the face of a company that represents its core business principles and makes the brand memorable. Some people feel that brand emblem is nothing more than a fancy element and is a waste of money. They don’t realize the fact that a symbol or a font is more effective than lots of promotional content. Insignia is like the business card of an organization that does its job without being too flashy.
Companies spend hundreds of dollars to make a site SEO friendly, but most of them don’t know that the logo can be created in SEO friendly manner as well to rank higher in search engines. If you want to know the effectiveness of a logo in branding and SEO, start reading.
It Reflects the Core Objectives of Your Company- A perfectly designed insignia highlights your business principles and corporate value. It may not tell people what you sell, but it tells people what makes you special. Let’s consider Apple logo. It’s impossible to guess what they sell, but that half eaten apple symbolizes their thirst for knowledge and perfection. Its unique design immediately, yet subtly tells people that the company does not compete with others; it creates unique products.
Enhances the Brand Value- What if a famous company like McDonalds or Nike does not have its emblem? Don’t you think they will lose the popularity in the market? People don’t even look at the brand name when they see a familiar emblem. That’s the power and significance of an insignia.
Breaks Language Barrier- Have you ever used “Yet another Hierarchy of Officious Oracle” website? It’s an old IT quiz, but the fact is even after abbreviation, Yahoo brand name does not make much sense. Still, people around the world easily recognize the brand seeing their purple logo design.
Advertising Advantage- It’s easier to capture customers’ attention by placing the logo in marketing materials. When people drive in a car or surf TV channels, they may miss the written or spoken words in ads, but it’s hard to miss the brand insignia.
SEO Advantage- If designed properly, it can help you get better ranking on SERPs. While judging the importance of a site, Google not only pays attention to keywords, but popularity, page view rate and navigation processes are also considered by the search engine behemoth.
Let’s take a look at the techniques to make a brand logo SEO friendly.
- Make sure that the brand logo is linked with the homepage to help search engines and web users scan your website smoothly. An emblem is visible on all the sub pages and when you link it with the homepage, users can immediately go back to the landing page from any sub page.
- Use a keyword rich tagline for better search engine optimization. Don’t include it in the image file, because search engine robots can’t scan images. For instance, StubHub logo features a tagline “where fans buy and sell tickets”. Once you see that tagline, you can immediately understand its services.
- Use web friendly image version so that the emblem loads faster and Google can crawl it properly. Try to avoid animation effects since Flash can harm your SERP ranking.
As you can see, logo, branding and SEO all are connected to each other. Search engine optimization is not just about backlinks and keywords, design also plays a very crucial role. When you have a recognizable, optimized emblem, it boosts your website’s SERP ranking.
Author Bio – Logo Design plays an important role in branding and marketing of a company. In this article Hema Gupta highlights the branding benefits and suggests some processes to make an emblem SEO friendly.
- 5 useful logo design tips | David Airey, graphic designer – In this guest post, Jacob Cass briefly covers five of his logo design tips, mentioning a few logo resources too.
- Branding, Identity & Logo Design Explained | JUST™ Creative – A logo is not your brand, nor is it your identity. Logo design, identity design and branding all have different roles, that together, form a perceived image.
- Twitter Stupidity: Using a Brand’s Logo to Anonymously Bash … – Is it ok to create a Twitter account using a brand’s logo in order to anonymously bash customers and co-workers? What is the difference between these types of accounts and the accounts that poke fun at specific professions?
- What makes a good logo? | David Airey, graphic designer – What makes a good logo? There are 5 main design aspects I mention them briefly here.
- What’s your logo worth? | David Airey, graphic designer – Many people undervalue the importance of their logo. Sure, it’s just one small part of your brand, but it’s an important part nonetheless.